Lavendon plc is a market leader in the Mobile Elevated Working Platforms market. In the year following the one described here the business was sold to Loxam at an Enterprise value of over £600m and a 105% premium to the average 12 month share price preceding the offer period.
Objective of the Work
The overall objective of the work was to identify new opportunities that Lavendon could pursue to enable the further development of the business into adjacent market sectors and substantial additional shareholder value.
The work delivered:
- 10 pragmatic strategic options for the development of the Group into new products, services, geographies and markets.
- Each of the options were evaluated and prioritised for their growth potential and the difficulty of implementation.
The main steps were:
- Agreed a detailed delivery plan.
- Undertook careful competitor review.
- Assessed Lavendon’s ‘Distinctive Core’ through surveying/ interviewing customers, ex-competitor employees, suppliers and managers.
- Assessed key market needs.
- Ran internal adjacent opportunities workshops.
- Short listed, prioritised, and assessed of opportunities.
“Staffan helped us think about the wider possibilities for the group, which really helped to stretch and challenge our thinking. He provided and invaluable input to our thinking and planning for the future of the Group.” Don Kenny – Group Chief Executive, Lavendon Plc