Cintas Corporation is a $4billion outsourcing business headquartered in Cincinnati, USA. Cintas appointed Staffan Engstrom Limited (SEL) to help in the development of the strategy and business plan for the UK business.
Objective of the Work
The work had two principal objectives. It had to:
1) Provide a clear future strategy and business plan for the business.
2) Engage the whole senior and middle management (c.40 people) in the development of the plan, so that they owned it and were committed to its success.
The following outcomes were achieved:
- A clear route map for the business to deliver double-digit margins and double-digit growth.
- An energised team which owns the plan for the future.
- Confidence in the future of the business
The following approach was adopted:
- Agreed a robust programme and objectives up-front.
- Engaged with the participants before kick-off and managed the whole process.
- Facilitated workshops to bring the expertise of the participants to the fore.
- Managed/ delivered structured customer & supplier interviews.
- Facilitated decisions on strategic choices and drafted the plan.
“As an experienced strategist, Staffan Engstrom made the complexities of business strategy simple, bringing the whole process to life. His personal style helped to engage our team around the plan for the business, giving a renewed sense of purpose, unity, and real confidence in our future direction.”
Jon Joyce – Managing Director, Cintas UK